Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pure Excitement


What's the scoop, what's the goss....that would be... Nada. Zilch. Naff all. Sweet Fanny Adams.

Recent excitement, well Jac's European jet setting continues, with a recent trip to Luxembourg. Thankfully they were a little more welcoming than the Estonians she was with at the Skype company meeting at  the start of the month, however any elation from this was quickly over run by the incapable airport staff for Lux air, who managed to leave her suitcase in Lux on her return leg!

Fortunately Jackie had paid a substantial amount of money for this very unique suitcase in Cambodia a while back (equivalent being Matalan suitcase, on a half price offer) and thanks to this, the "Elegant" case was eventually found having a snowball fight with other lost items back in Lux, and was told to stop being precious and get on a plane home! And they say people take after their dogs??...Anyway all safe and sound.

As for me, I will draw your eyes back to the first line...not much! - Barring a bit of a mental time at work, and 2 of my courses overlapping meaning college every night this week, I haven't really been up to much, that is aside from Aussie day.

Part of my assimilation into Aussie-ism I was told, was to celebrate Arthur Phillip getting lost and ending up in Sydney all those years ago, so in true Aussie style I was out with a few colleagues (including my boss) at 12.30 for Lunch to a local pub and didn't go back..think I left around 6pm!
At which point I briefly said hello to a few friends out in Covent Garden with Jac, before realising it was time I had had enough and had to head home at 6.30pm! - Thankfully Party Cook was in full swing and was able to still take Gaz (who was down for the weekend!) along with random Estonians, Aussie, and a couple of Irish folk, out for a good time....cue a few sambucas and lo and behold 1.30am in came the entourage of Jac accompanied (thankfully by Gaz and Ben!) - Truly an Aussie sight if ever there was one!

As Gaz was down for the weekend, we decided to make plans to go to London zoo by canal boat and check out little venice....this of course was before Friday so it did so not happen, and instead Jac rose briefly from bed for lunch only to find the 3 of us sitting with dictionaries, and newspapers determined to find a googlewhack....closest we got I think was with anaphylactic kleptomaniac, or something about a parachuting dingo..!
Anyway we finally ventured out to a local Moroccan restaurant and a comedy club so laughs were had by all. (at the comedy not the food!)

Jac's cousin has just moved locally and a has nice flat that all the necessities a young bachelor in London needs....en suite bedroom, walk in wardrobe, and a large lounge. I think there was a kitchen in there somewhere but who needs that!
Which reminds me surely someone somewhere has noticed the lack of Aussies in Oz at this minute in time?? I feel like there is a secret that no one is telling me! Oh well.

Anyway for now thats it, apparently we are expecting heavy snow in London (yet again, I dare say, breaking some record, "most snow on a Thursday afternoon for last 23 years"...) but hope everyone is well in their respective parts of the world, see you all soon! - (Well maybe not all of you but a few!)

Mark and Jac.

No comments: